Inglewood Junior School was opened in 1954 on an extensive site that provides spacious accommodation over two levels, as well as playground facilities and a large playing field.
There are three teaching blocks each with four classrooms, libraries, connecting areas and an ICT suite which holds 30 computers.
We have a large hall which is used for PE, collective worship, productions and packed lunches. There is a separate dining room for school dinners which has recently been extended.
Our site is shared with Inglewood Infant School although we are two separate schools. Liaison is good which is supported by transition work leading to a smooth takeover from Year 2 to Year 3. As well as this, both schools work together on moderation, assessment and initiatives which benefit our community.
For security reasons we ask that parents visiting during the school day use the main entrance at the front of the school. All other doors are either locked or have key coded locks. CCTV cameras operate within school.
Our values and ethos…
“All are valued, horizons broadened and achievement celebrated”
The Staff and Governors of Inglewood Junior School are determined to ensure that every pupil has an equal opportunity to develop their full potential. Our aims are to:
- Create a secure, happy school environment where courtesy, consideration, good manners and honesty hold high priority.
- Nurture and develop the understanding of the key skills and processes of communication, for example:
- A command of English, both spoken and written.
- An ability to read with fluency and understanding.
- An understanding and knowledge of mathematics.
- Create a broad and balanced curriculum, which inspires and ignites the passion for learning.
- Teach children using a variety of styles and staffing expertise.
- Provide opportunities for physical education, drama, movement and game skills.
- Foster in each child a religious and spiritual awareness.
- Afford children an opportunity to experience and use the latest and best Information and Communication Technology and work with Design Technology.
We aim to provide equality of learning opportunities for all children in school regardless of gender, race, or disability.
In the Community
Inglewood Junior School serves its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context and understanding of shared values, for example; care, consideration, co-operation, honesty, respect and openness. The school encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of these core values through the experiences it offers its pupils.